Re: Senior Solo

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 22:21:28 -0700

Sonny Carter wrote:
Last night, Eric played his Senior solo at the Fall Concert of the Natchitoches Central High School Orchestra.

He played the 1st movement of Eccles Sonata in g minor, and it was moving to hear and see how he has developed as a bassist. His Mom wept, it was so beautiful. Here's a shot of him just as he finished, and just before the standing ovation.

http://www.sonc.com/sonata.htm

Now, he'll probably kill me for this, and many of you remember these shots, so I thought it appropriate to share them at this time.

http://www.sonc.com/same_guy.htm

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
USA
Sonny:
Thanks very much for sharing your family's life. It's a pleasure watching Eric go through the changes as a musician.

Wish somebody in my family had photographed me playing my senior solo back in 1974 - it was Chopin's Revolutionary Etude, as I recall. I only have a few stage shots from later club gigs now. And I haven't really played in years.

I think Eric will appreciate your preservation of these important slices of his life.

--
Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com