Re: Passover with the 50 DR Summicron

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:59:42 -0700

Peter:
Natasha is my favorite here - made me chuckle in her 'I don't care if you don't think I should be on the counter' attitude.

At 12:19 AM 4/28/2005, you wrote:

I just acquired a nice, recently CLAed DR 50 Summicron. The DR was my first Leica lens ever, back in the 70s. Sold it long ago, regretted doing so ever since. So I'm about to find out if nostalgia is what it used to be.

I didn't really buy the DR as an available light lens, but this was the first opportunity I had to really try it out. The film is the discontinued consumer Kodak BW 400 (C41), which a lab gave me after a bad processing experience. It's OK, but T400CN is better. I'll have to shoot a roll of Tri-X and another of Provia to really get the feel for the lens. So far I like what I see, though. These are all shot at f/2 - 2.8.

http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/15DannyMatzah.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/16Craig.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/25JoyceCraig.jpg
http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/24Natasha.jpg

--Peter

Mark Bohrer
Mountain and Desert Photography
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Subscribe to my free newsletter for bird photo tips and print discounts!
And see my show at REI Coop in Saratoga - images at www.mountain-and-desert.com/west.htm