PS help needed

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cvug <cvug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MUG <MUGers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:46:53 +0200

Hello all,
I'm trying to get the hang of working in layers and selections. Does any one know of a definitive book or website which can tell me how to get nice clean transitions from one layer or selection to another?
I've tried it here, on a small scale I think it looks ok, but when I get in close it's as rough as hell between the sky and the rest of the shot.I'm using PS Elements 3.0 and selecting with the magic wand and/or lasso options.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Image5_31_Before
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Image5_31_After

Any kind of help would be more than welcome.

TIA
Douglas

The shot was taken on the 1st of May in Milan last year , Leica M6 and CV 12mm, the film was either old stock or went through too many airport x-rays. Hannover twice, Milan twice and Pisa twice, on top of that the exposure was screwed up too (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa)