Re: PAW - Hetch Hetchy Valley

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:51:53 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,
Thanks for the history; I never knew all that!
I really like the first Wapama Falls shot:
http://www.mountain-and-desert.com/California/Yosemite/DLC-YS-HETCH0002-5.htm
You can feel the power of both the rock and the water
as they vie against each other. Wonderful!
Thanks for sharing,
Bob

http://california.sierraclub.org/hetchhetchy/requiem_for_hetch_hetchy.html.
> Enjoying the quiet first-hand only confused me
> further over how I feel
> about what many of us have called 'that damn dam'.
>
> Hetch Hetchy looks like this today:
> http://tinyurl.com/9g6ub
>
> All comments welcome.
>
> Mark Bohrer
> Mountain and Desert Photography
> www.mountain-and-desert.com
> Subscribe to my free newsletter for bird photo tips
> and print discounts!
> And see my show at REI Coop in Saratoga - images at
> www.mountain-and-desert.com/west.htm

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com