New snapshot

  • From: Michael Levy <fotoyvel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:35:45 -0500

Two days ago a red trail hawk came and had lunch at the feeders. I shot about 30 pix and for some reason not yet understood NONE of them registered on the memory card?*&%#@!

The fellow came back today for a "Power(line) lunch and this time I managed to catch him some 50 times (LOVE those digital cameras!)
 I have added one image to the Pic a week site at

http://web.mac.com/fotoyvel

If anyone wants see a few more e-mail me off list and i'll send a few other images.

As an aside I am having a LOT of trouble with exposures... probably my inability to determine the proper white balance... OR maybe the metering pattern.

I seem to be getting the closest exposures using spot metering, but I don't like either the daylight WB or the Auto WB and the "cloudy" is not much better. Possibly because of the expanse of sky??? Anyway I find the levels are way off, so the snap here has been GREATLY tweaked for levels & brightness/contrast in PS CS.

Any help would be appreciated... I suppose i ought to master the custom (or ion this camera "manual" )WB using a sheet of paper...

Mike