New Leicas on Japanese website???

  • From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:50:36 -0600

I just got back from the first night of the LHSA Spring Shoot here in New
Orleans. I was able to see a working DMR, sweet.

When I got back I had an email from a photography friend up in NY. There
seems to be a new Leica/Panasonic M camera. I say M because it shows
removable lenses! The photo shows a camera kind of Panasonic LC-1 looking
except with a 50mm/1.4 Summilux lens on it! I thought for sure it was fake,
but this seems pretty real as the images are of a prototype behind glass. No
PS work here. There is no "red dot" on the camera, it looks more Panasonic
than anything else. I can read 10mp on the left hand side.

When and where did this camera get shown? Guess the Japanese get everything
first, always a day ahead of us.

Maybe I should wait and not get an Epson RD-1.

Pics here, sorry I had problems translating the text. I tried to download it
in English, but it did not work to well.

http://www.zoeicaimages.com/html/untitled251.html

Chris
New Orleans