Re: Nathan's and Sonny's PAW's: Nature, human and otherwise

  • From: SonC@xxxxxxx
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:14:04 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/2005 9:22:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tedgrant@xxxxxxx writes:
I, and I suppose we and the whole crew in many  cases, don't always make a
comment about their postings. But my goodness,  they nearly always leave you
with such a nice feeling about looking at  photographs it's a joy. :-)

And I would trust they both understand  because we don't always comment, they
look at it as... "No comment means  it's a damn fine presentation!"

-------------------------------------

Thanks so much Ted and  Jim.   As you may know from previous posts from me,
the comments are  nice, but the stroking is not why I post.  One of the main
reasons is so  that my sweet Kathy will understand how important it is that I
own all this  Leica and now "Leica *ist ds camera gear.

An  interesting aside is that I also post my "Friday Flowers" to the Archives
 List.  Amazing that I frequently get 1000 visits a week on my flowers,
surpassing the visits my cheerleader shots garner each fall.

Many of you  may not know that I make my real living making antique
photography available to  researchers.   Our fine archive has thousands of
images from
the very  earliest days of photography to the present, documenting this
region. We have  pictures in several hundred books; a steady customer is
"American
Experience" at  WGBH Boston.  This is where I work:
http://www.nsula.edu/watson_library/CGHRC.htm

Finally, I want to say that  some of my best friends have been made here, and
Nathan is one I treasure.   Someday we will meet is real time, and Jim and
Ted, and many of the rest of you  will be there.  I hope we get the meeting
here
on earth, because I am not  sure they allow 5 Leica M bodies in
heaven...(Hmmm__maybe they allow  more?)

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches,  Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
égalité, liberté,  crawfish