Nathan's PAW 30: Friends and other people

  • From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:01:16 +0200

For week 29, I showed you mostly colourful shots of things in my garden. So for week 30 (last week), I have the opposite: only people pictures, and all B&W. This is, after all, a Leica list ;-)

The first four images are of friends.

My 11-year old daughter has a rich social life, and hardly a weekend goes by without her sleeping at a friend's house or having a friend visit overnight. Here is a shot of her (with glasses) and a friend just after waking up around noon:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30.jpg

Our neighbour Felix lives two houses away with his partner Stefan and their three cats. They are great guys to be around. Felix is a fashion photographer, so we joke a lot about the fact that he is in a position to tell some of the most beautiful women in the world to "show a bit more leg" or lean forward a bit--and he's gay!
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30alt1.jpg

BTW, the above two shots were taken at ISO 800 and 1600, respectively. The more I shoot with my DSLR, the more convinced I am that when such speeds are required, digital is plainly superior to film.

The next two friends are both Malaysian, but as is apparent quite different, illustrating both the diversity of that country and of our social circle here in Holland:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30alt2.jpg (Pam)
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30alt3.jpg (Suraya)

The last three images are of people I don't know. A happy couple on the Dam square in Amsterdam:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30alt4.jpg

Another addition to my cyclist series, also from Amsterdam (I know it is soft due to subject movement, but sharpness is not everything):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30alt5.jpg

And finally, a happy young fishmonger in my town, Almere:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_30alt6.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and as always, comments and critique are gratefully welcomed.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands