Re: Nathan's PAW 17: on the fringes of Queen's Day

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:01:45 -0700 (PDT)

Arrgh. I knew my lack of even a smattering of relevant
historical knowledge would come back to bite me! I'll
have to look it up and become edumacated ;-)
However, that said, any house (be it Orange or
otherwise) that played a role in the Netherlands
becoming the wonderful country it is today can't be
all bad (can it?).
DAB

--- Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob:
> That's not what some folks were saying when William
> of Orange was invited
> over to England in 1688 after James II made such an
> ass of himself and
> alienated almost everybody in the process.
>
> But Nathan's images show fascinating slices of life
> in Holland.
>
> At 12:58 PM 5/4/2005, you wrote:
> >Great essay, Nathan! I particularly like this one
> >because the little blue sign makes me smile to
> think
> >what the scene would be if it weren't there :-)
> >http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_17alt4.jpg
> >Thanks for posting; three cheers for the House of
> >Orange!
> >Bob
> >

> >Bob Adler
> >Palo Alto, CA
> >http://www.raflexions.com

> Mark Bohrer
> Mountain and Desert Photography
> www.mountain-and-desert.com
> Subscribe to my free newsletter for bird photo tips
> and print discounts!
> And see my show at REI Coop in Saratoga - images at
> www.mountain-and-desert.com/west.htm

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com