Re: Nathan's PAD 26/08/2009: a girl with her companion

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:26:23 -0700

Nathan showed:
Subject: Nathan's PAD 26/08/2009: a girl with her companion
Taken during my afternoon bicycle ride on Wednesday afternoon:
>http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#633389424_xn9xc-O-LB

Hi Nathan,
A wonderful simple "feel good touch" that allows a view of life in some parts
of the world that would never make the World Press Exhibition simply because
the child and dog are not lying there covered in blood and dead!

This photograph has so much going for it as a photojournalism photo
illustrating a "nice moment of life" would never make the first cut in editing,
 never mind a final cut  because it's not a horrible gruesome touch of life on
planet Earth.

I'd put your photo essays " up against all the horror crap" any day for the big
prize winner !
This just another opportunity of saying "Thanks Nathan for what you post that
gives us a view the planet isn't all death and destruction!"
ted