Re: [Leica] IMG: Hannover's New Town Hall at night and daytime

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:45:17 +0100

Hi Jim and Philippe on the LUG, Bill on LeicaReflex, Ric on the LEG and everyone else who took a look

thanks for the kind comments

I always tend to think it looks a little Disney when it's lit up at night:-)

Here are some shots of it in daylight from the other side, probably one of the most photogenic public buildings there is in Germany.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/MG_3990_edited_1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/MG_3988_edited_1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/MG_3975_edited_1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/MG_3974_edited_1.jpg.html

BTW: this is the Old Town hall on a wintry day - typical Red Brick Gothic in the centre of town

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/20080307-imm012_12-Edit-Edit.jpg.html

Cheers
Douglas

On 03.11.2011 19:17, Jim Nichols wrote:
Nice shot, Douglas.  I can see why you like it!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Sharp" <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx> To: "LUG" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "LEG" <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 1:11 PM
Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hannover's New Town Hall at night

Hi al,

we were in town yesterday evening and the new town hall
was looking at its best. Probably built by an architect
who wanted to become a baker and decorate cakes.

the shot is a bit noisy (ISO 1600 / 1/20 sec and wide
open at f3.5) so it's not quality stuff - but I like it
anyway.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_3248.jpg.html

Hope you do

Cheers
Douglas

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1