Re: It always makes me wonder...

  • From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:18:21 -0500

We were at a family reunion in Arkansas, and "the guys"  made a field trip
to a nearby town to check out the pawnshops.  We spotted a music store, and
stopped in. My brother in law, an R&D engineer for a major computer
company,  our collective five sons and me, all dressed rather casually, Five
of the group were musicians.

Adam asked the clerk about a copy of a Paul McCartney bass.  The guy sez,
"You can't afford it."

I turned to  the guy and said,  "I could pay cash,  but I'm not going to
reward you with a sale."

Three years later, the bass was still in the store.

SonC, (who dresses very casually most of the time)

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dave Saalsaa <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Yes, indeed.  I had a customer in my store once that I thought didn't have
> two nickels to rub together from the way he was dressed. Turned out he was a
> very rich man and bought a very expensive bike from me.  Clothes may make
> the man but not necessarily indicate the bank account.  Heck just remember
> Jed Clampett.  :-)
>
> Dave
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>

Regards,