Re: IR and Eagle

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:01:16 -0800

Henning:
Very nice: composition, color, contrast, sharpness. And I like the bird's expression.

It's a good thing no one listened to Benjamin Franklin's suggestion for the U.S. national bird...

Telyts have a sharp, bright center sweet spot at full aperture that fills the 20D's small sensor. I notice this with the 400mm f/6.8 and my 20D versus full-frame EOS Elan 7E.

Mark Bohrer
Wildlife Photography on the Urban Edge
www.mountain-and-desert.com

At 09:34 AM 1/11/2007, you wrote:
Two pictures from last week, when we were on the west coast of Vancouver Island:

http://www.archiphoto.com/Various/WPacTrail.jpg

This is taken with a Canon 350D that I had converted to infrared. It has an 87 filter built in, and focusses correctly with the lenses I use most.

http://www.archiphoto.com/Various/EagleLB.jpg

This was taken with a (new to me) 560/6.8 Telyt on a Canon 20D. I had received the lens for a very good price not that long before Christmas and had been itching to try it out on something. This eagle posed nicely, and I don't think I could have taken it as easily with any other combination of equipment. I had to scramble over a lot of driftwood without scaring the bird, and a tripod would have been out of the question.

--
   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design