Re: IMG: Classic plane - Ju 52

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:41:27 -0700

Douglas:
Nice series of a classic old tri-motor. My favorites are 8190 and 8191.

I use somewhat the same equipment for airshows - EOS 20D or 1D mk II with 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, sometimes 400mm f/4 DO IS. Outdoors I use ISO 100.

Your overhead shot reminded me of this one:

http://www.mountain-and-desert.com/Airplanes/DAIR-PROP0214-56.htm
http://tinyurl.com/2mf3ss

Mark Bohrer
Mountain and Desert Photography
www.mountain-and-desert.com

Douglas Sharp wrote:
Against the light, wrong lens, too far away and a lousy vantage point. Not good enough to warrant any additional processing either.

The grab-shots of this preserved Junkers Ju 52 were taken over our garden this afternoon - at least the plane is recognisable.

For nit-pickers: the registration on the fuselage, D-AQUI, is the number it flew under for Lufthansa in 1936.
The number under the wing, D-COLH, is its current call sign.

Hope you find it interesting

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132098-1/20080816-_MG_8190.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132101-1/20080816-_MG_8191.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132104-1/20080816-_MG_8193.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132107-1/20080816-_MG_8194.jpg

Cheers
Douglas

For the technically minded: Canon 20D + CZ f4/300mm at f4 ASA equivalent