Re: Full Tokyo gallery

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:54:43 -0800

Nathan showed:
Subject: IMG: Full Tokyo gallery

>>A rather daunting editing task, resulted in the 81 images--the largest
>>gallery I have ever posted. But Tokyo is really a stupendous place:
http://www.frozenlight.eu/tokyo/

Hi Nathan,
Well what happens is. The images are so wonderful frame after frame you cannot
stop and leave it after a few. They are wonderful, the Tokyo Tourism office
should hire you for at least $2000 US a day to do a walk about as you've done
here. WHY? Well hell it's obvious, you relate to so many of the tourist type
things with such great simplicity yet a difference making it look like the
magical city it is to tourists!

Wonderful series of photographs by some one with an absolute talent  of
observation! You've made the lights of the night so captivating, they cry
out.... " Come here for great pictures everywhere! Day or Night!"

Way back in 1968 on my way to Saigon, Vietnam. I had a five day shoot time on
Tokyo first! However my son you've blown me out of the water! BIG TIME! :-)
When I think of the amount of film I burned given today with digital cards and
the wonders of digital photography it surely puts some perspective on when I
say my biggest problem with digital is.... "It's 45 years too late!" :-)

Thanks a bunch! Great series and most interesting.
cheers,
ted