Re: #390

  • From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:37:23 -0000

From: "Malcolm & Sylvia Brickwood" <m_s.brickwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: #390

> Graham
>
> I always enjoy your images but keep meaning to ask what speed you rate
> your Kodak T400 CN at. I mean full 400 or something less? Never tried
> it 'cause I've been prejudiced towards conventional silver based films
> but maybe I should give Kodak T400 CN a try. Did you compare with
> Ilford XP2 or just decide on the Kodak product?
>
> Thanks -
> Malcolm
>

> On Nov 13, 2005, at 9:09 AM, GeeBee wrote:
>
> > Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : orange filter : Kodak T400 CN
> >
> >  http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05390.htm
> >

> > Graham
> > http://geebeephoto.com

----------------------------

Hi Malcolm,

I always shoot it at 400. There is still some T400 CN about but it has been
replaced by BW400 and I note that Steve Barbour is getting good results with
it. The demise of T400CN has coincided with the closure of my local lab so I
am going to try Delta 400 and HP5 and Ilford process paid mailers.

I have never tried XP2. Given that it can be rated at just about any speed
on the same roll I'm surprised that all of us are not using it. Always
sounded too good to be true to me.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham