Re: #249

  • From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:42:01 +0100

 From: "Venture Coy" <vlc-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: #249

> Hi again Graham,
> I like it in color and B/W. It certainly shows the beauty of the English
> countryside.
> The boats in your pictures, are they house boats or
> recreation boats?
>
> Venture

> > Leica M2 : 50mm DR Summicron : Agfa Vista 200
> >
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05249.htm
------

Venture,

The vast majority are refurbished and privately owned or for holiday hire
and many are permanently occupied as house boats. They are fitted out from
stem to stern with all mod cons apart from the relatively small engine
section. Many are 60-70ft long. There are still a few operating commercially
like the one shown below. Most of the boat is given over to cargo under the
tarpaulin section, part of which can be seen here. Then the engine with
doors open to assist cooling on this particularly hot day and finally the
living quarters consisting of bunks and a galley.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05234.htm

--Graham