[leasbirds] common crane update

  • From: whisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:19:14 -0600 (CST)

just returned home from muleshoe nwr.  i arrived there at 7:30am.
searched goose lake, white lake and paul's lake.  could not locate the
common crane probably due to the distance the cranes were from me.
encountered another birder from amarillo.  we exchanged phone numbers to
keep in contact.  he went one way and i went another.  still no luck.  the
cranes left the north side of goose lake very early.  when the cranes
started to return they all landed on the se and sw corners of paul's
lake-a very long way away.  i took some photos at 1300+mm.  will download
and blow up to try and id but not hoping for much.  good luck if you go
there.  maybe the cranes will land closer.
danny

www.500px.com/whisp

“life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW-WHAT A
RIDE!”