[leasbirds] Tricolored Heron at Elmore

  • From: "Floyd & Clarice Robertson" <47robertson02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LEAS" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:24:42 -0600

Today, Friday, at just past 1pm at Leroy Elmore Park, there was a Tricolored
Heron.

We were watching the American White Pelican swim around among the Cormorants
when the Tricolored Heron flew from north to south, and landed on the southern
bank.
We observed it for a while.
I have only seen it around here long ago, more recently in Florida and Panama,
so I do not know whether it is considered unusual here in Lubbock or not.
May take a camera, and see whether I can get a photo.

Floyd and Clarice Robertson
4702 61st St
Lubbock TX 79414-4527
806-799-4174 home