[lcfbtech] Re: navigating facebook with JAWS

  • From: Scott Blanks <scott_blanks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:11:55 -0500

Dazell,

Not sure if you are using the mobile version of Facebook, which you can find
at: m.facebook.com

It's my preferred method for accessing the site from a computer, and the log
out option is always available as a link.

On the standard Facebook site, I've only been able to locate the log out button
by first locating the "account settings" button menu. Pressing enter on this
button changes to page to show some options related to your FB account. One of
these options is the log out button. I will caution that this method does not
always work, which is one of many reasons why I tend to utilize the mobile
site.

Scott Blanks
Director of Rehabilitation Services
Lions Center for the Blind