[lastexodus] The continuuing story...

  • From: "William A. Peterson" <willypete@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EbonDjinni@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:43:11 -0500

Eric and Shadowcat: Endgame, part 1
{I am beginning, here, to wrap up the War versus Khan, and close out my part
of this thread... though it will take me awhile! Even after I am done,
however, feel free to contribute any stories that have occured 'during' the
war! I don't want to discourage anyone from writing their chapters... on the
other hand, it seems like few people have been posting anything much more
than pictures, for some time now...}

I am nearly exhausted, but it is a satisfied exhaustion. Shadowcat's device
has done it's work, and so have I, altering the very Magnetic Field of the
Earth itself to carry the opening strains of the 'Virus' to the Sentinels...
something I have not attempted since I was much younger!
We call it a 'Virus', but it is so much more than that...

Shadowcat learned long ago of Khan's 'Crystal Ball', a magical 'technology'
that is quite common in the Edenic Realms, and so we have been careful not
to refer to the 'Virus' as anything else.

Soon, my efforts will cause the Sentinels to open a channel to recieve new
orders... Orders which, I am told, will come from Eden, not Earth, and will
connect the Sentinels with the Spirits of those slain, and gone to Eden...
If all works as planned, the monsters will reject the rule of Khan, and
begin to understand their true purpose... as I have come to understand mine.

Oh, Charles, you tried for so long to convince me of what was right, and
what wrong... but you never did have a chance, blinded as you were by
exisisting on this planet, under the thrall of our enemies. Now, I
understand that Humans and Mutants, and even Machines, like the Sentinels,
have a common destiny, for Good, or for Ill... but I could only do so
through the evidence of my own eyes. Evidence, my old friend, that you could
never expect ot exist...

We must leave this place shortly, as Khan will no doubt have tracked us
here... Such uses of my powers are anything but 'subtle', even by the
standards of Wolverine!

Soon, though, it will not matter, as the Sentinels themselves will be taking
up our cause, and Khan has not the faintest understanding of what will be
hitting him!

"Coming, Eric?"

Good Luck,
William A. Peterson
Willypete@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but morally treasonable to the American public."
                       - Theodore Roosevelt