[LandXML] Re: LandXML 1.1 Schema Version Issue

  • From: "Nathan Crews" <nathan.crews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cumerford Nevil" <Nevil.Cumerford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mark Deal" <Mark.Deal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tim Telcik" <Tim.Telcik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:49:56 -0400

Nevil is correct in that there isn't a technical validation issue since the
version attribute is defined as xsd:string. So it could read version="foo" in
an instance document and still validate. It would most certainly confuse
applications reading the file.

Since this issue may cause problems at the application level and since it is
not part of the data model definition, I have modified the schema to read
version="1.1".

I posted the updated LandXML-1.1.xsd with an appropriate comment regarding the
change this morning.

cheers,

Nathan