[ktvt] Fw: top tech tidbits for Thursday, November 23, 2006 (resend tocorrect errors)

  • From: "Vy Pham" <missyguide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ktvt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:33:04 -0500

Chao moi nguoi. Moi moi nguoi xem qua phan top tech tidbits cua ong Dean Martineau. Trong tuan nay, Vy thay co hai websites dang chu y. Thu nhat: http://www.empowermentzone.com/java_doc.zipp. Website nay danh cho ai muon hoc JAVA Language. Thu 2: http://www.irti.net/eclipse/index.htm. Website nay co thong tin ve bon (4) loai phan mem beta, danh de tao va doc file Daisy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Martineau" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <tttt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 11:15 AM Subject: top tech tidbits for Thursday, November 23, 2006 (resend tocorrect errors)

Top Tech tidbits for Thursday, November 23, 2006 (resend)

Just when I think I can get away without proofreading ... You really have to make sure you copy and paste links! Thanks to the astute observers who noted that the window-Eyes beta couldn't be found on the Freedom Scientific web site!

It's a little late, but for those who collect the quarterly compendia of tidbits issues, I've finally uploaded the seventh quarterly file, q7, consisting of issues 79-91, from 7 July through 5 October. You can get the file from the website http://topdotenterprises.com/q7.txt or by sending a blank message to q7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We'll be seeing a flurry of additions to the Sound Computing collection in the next few weeks. If you're considering the deal, 50 audio articles, at least 18 hours of content, for a total of nine dollars, you can now look at a page which lists the existing articles for you to preview. http://topdotenterprises.com/scsum.htm

1) Version 8 of JAWS for windows has been released. Not recommended for users of Windows 2000, but win xp users are having good experiences with it. http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_jaws80fea.asp

2) Jamal Mazrui has created an archive containing 27 files of the documentation for JAWS version 8. http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/jfw80doc.zip

3) the window-Eyes beta cycle continues, beta 3 of version 6 has been released. http://www.gwmicro.com/beta

4) In Sound Computing article #28, we update and complete the tutorial on total Recorder, discusing features new in versin 6 as well as some of the other powerful recording features of the program. http://topdotenterprises.com/scsum.htm

5) You can talk to Santa again this year courtesy of the Audio Network. http://www.pressakey.net/santa/>

6) We learn via the EAccess Bulletin that the BBC has launched a blog to discuss the accessibility of the growing number of Web 2.0 services. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/access20/ ),

7) You can get a free and easy-to-use document diary in text and Word formats. http://www.moving-mountains.com

8) Jamal Mazrui has assembled a collection of 13 tutorials for learning the Java programming language. http://www.empowermentzone.com/java_doc.zip

9) IRTI has released beta versions of four tools designed to read and create Daisy files. http://www.irti.net/eclipse/index.htm

10) Sound Computing article 29 features a discussion and demonstration of the very affordable and accessible subscriber site for the mainstream computer magazine Smart Computing. http://topdotenterprises.com/scsum.htm

11) A new discussion group, blindcomputerusers, for anything related to combuter use by the blind has been created. to join, send a blank message to blindcomputerusers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the Tidbits page at www.topdotenterprises.com/tidbits.htm where you can subscribe to the rss feed and grab back issues. All that welcome information for future issues can come to me at dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's the news for this week.

To leave the list, send a blank message to tttt-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and reply to the confirmatory message.

If you have a news item, handy web page or piece of software you want to recommend, concerning adaptive technology, technology as it relates to the blind, or Internet audio, send it to me for inclusion next time.

Inclusion of information in tttt does not imply any endorsement of products or services mentioned, or even that the content of the announcement is accurate. (Often, I do not verify the accuracy of the announcements.) Having said this, most are accurate and useful.

TTTT is a free service of Top Dot Enterprises, Copyright (c) 2004, 2005, Top Dot Enterprises.

Dean Martineau Top Dot Enterprises
2219 Rucker Ave #204 Everett WA 98201
(425) 876-4406 dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.topdotenterprises.com

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. http://www.eset.com