[ktvt] Fw: [Skypeenglish] Major Skype script update posted, including a new experimental installer

  • From: "Thao Vy" <missyguide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ktvt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:17:13 -0500

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Lee
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:37 PM
To: screen access software with skype
Subject: [Skypeenglish] Major Skype script update posted, including a new experimental installer

Ok, so some people write valentines, and I, being the geek that I am,
write script updates instead... :-)

I just posted a rather major Skype script update at
http://www.dlee.org/skype/

This is not another 5.0b update; this one is called version 5.2a.  It
is intended only for Skype versions 5.1 and 5.2.  It will work with
5.0, but some of the features won't work properly in that Skype
version.

The update includes several new features, a few bug fixes, and a new
experimental script installer that installs Skypewatch along with the
scripts, can install into any or all of your JAWS versions at once,
and comes with an uninstaller that cleans up everything if you need to
do that sort of thing.

The details of this update are extensive enough that I will just let
people read them from the above web site, rather than trying to
duplicate them all here.  I will mention, though, that call volumes
and call statuses like Muted and Held are easier to deal with, you can
hear timestamps on action lines, file transfers, etc., and the Add
People method of creating and modifying conferences is now way easier
to use.

Please please please though, read my web site carefully before
downloading and installing this update, and in particular, understand
what I wrote about the new experimental installer before trying to use
it.  It will, for example, unconditionally install Skypewatch whether
you had it before or not.  If you don't like that, use the
original-style installer, which I also posted up there.  I'll be
evaluating reactions to decide which type of installer to continue
using in the future.

Enjoy, and happy Valentines Day, even if a bit early, to one and all!

--
Doug Lee                 dgl@xxxxxxxx                http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ssbbartgroup.com "I honestly believe it is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so."

to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email en_support@xxxxxxxxx

To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype

To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html

mailto:skypeenglish-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

to download a tool to automate the installation of skypewatch go to this link.
http://www.hrvojekatic.tk/

http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.