[ktap] Re: How to combine debugging info to set trace points under specific folder?

  • From: Jovi Zhangwei <jovi.zhangwei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gavin Guo <gavin.guo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:24:17 +0800

Hi Gavin,

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Gavin Guo <gavin.guo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ktap is really a good lightweight tracing tools. I'm currently finding
> a way to hook trace point under the specific folder, like
> arch/arm/kvm/*. If it's possible to search the debugging info in
> vmlinux and set trace points.

Thanks for you trying on ktap.

According you described, if you want looking for tracepoints related with
specific domain, perhaps you should find it in /sys/debug/kernel/tracing/events,
all system tracepoints locate in that directory.

It seems have a little strange to find tracepoint through debugging info.

Also, if you want to set domain tracepoints in ktap, it's easy to do that.
you can try below ktap script for all kvm tracepoints.

trace kvm:* {
    print(argevent)
}

Jovi