[kscnorthconnect] Re: A Dharma Friend's Passing

  • From: catahar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: kscnorthconnect@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 08:23:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Miche, for sending this. Although I don't know that I actually
ever met Karen, I certainly appreciated her kindness to our sangha and her
service to the community with Ma Kali's.

Blessings,
Catherine

Dear Sangha,
I wanted to let you know of Karen Luna's passing three weeks ago.
Please
put her on KSC's prayer lists.
I don't know much about the circumstances. I'm copying below what I posted
on Facebook.
Namaste,
Miché

My dear friend Karen Luna passed away three weeks ago.
I found out yesterday in a weird, circuitous, coincidental sort of way.
It
was a sad surprise and bit shocking to find out "by accident". I don't know
that anyone has announced her death anywhere.

So I'm sharing it here because I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want
to know, who would want to send love and prayers and wish her well on
her
journey. I don't know much of the circumstance.
We had been out of touch for several years so I didn't know she had been
quite ill over the last year or so. I first met her when she was manager
of
Mother Kali's Bookstore here in Eugene. We hit it off right away. She
was
creative and funny and tireless and generous to a fault, except toward
herself.
She had a compassionate heart that was way bigger than her material
capacity to save and feed and provide for the animals and humans she
cared
so deeply about and she gave and gave and then gave some more. She was a
friend to the Eugene KSC Sangha, giving us space upstairs from the
bookstore for a meditation room complete with Thangkas and Buddhas and
ceremonial items for a shrine room that was blessed by our Lamas. I know
her generosity of spirit spread out to many more groups, individuals,
causes.
I know we loved each other a lot and saw each other through some pretty
dark nights and lifted each other up and over many bumps in the road. We
never had a falling out it was more of a falling away, each with our own
issues and needs that weren't gelling between us at the time. I know in
addition to grieving her death, I am grieving for the opportunity I
didn't
take to reconnect with her. I send her love and light and laughter for
her
journey.

If anyone has photos of Karen I would love to have a copy.