[korgypark] Re: sysex and Cakewalk

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:43:13 -0000

> Mine works just fine - except for sysex.

OK, I'm having sysex problems with sonar (demo) as well as Logic Audio 5.5.
The problems are more severe in Logic - seems to crash the whole MIDI input
immediately till I reboot.  In sonar, I just end up with uploads/downloads
failing half way thru, but I can still send normal MIDI note on/off messages
afterwards.

Definitely seems to be a problem with the PCIF driver.  I have tried a newer
korg driver and the roland driver (both of which are supposed to work with
XP), without any improvement - I see exactly the same problems with each.

Funny how korg refuse to support the PCIF driver under W2k/XP isn't it??!!

I have reverted to using a normal MIDI connection for the time being and
suggest you do likewise if at all possible.

For me, the biggest advantage of using the PCIF connection in 95/98 was that
the supplied editing software actually worked... but since the editor
doesn't work under XP, I may as well just use standard MIDI.  At least it
works for other stuff ;-).

hope that helps,

Andy