[korgypark] more fun with USB to MIDI interface

  • From: "Matthew Everingham" <matteveringham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:40:28 -0700

Hello Korgies,
    A while ago there was a group of emails regarding the effectiveness (or
really compatability) of different midi interfaces when used with the Korg
X5(DR) and compatible.

    I would like to report that my Midiman Uno (under WinXP) works well with
the Korg, for sequencing (using Massiva) and patch loading/etc using the Korg
sound editor.  Sometimes I have to send the dump request more than once, but
upon repetitions it will always work (almost always on the first or second
try).  However, when editing patches using the Korg Sound Editor, when moving
sliders on the (PC) screen, the midi connection will sometimes disconnect, and
the midi has to be reconnected under midi>midi setup menu and always works
again until you move a software slider too fast again.  This seems to me that
the interface is just unable to cope with the rapid fire sysex probably
generated by moving a slider across every number quickly.

    Have others had similar sudden disconnection experiences using midi
interfaces with the Korg?

Thanks again,
Matt Everingham