[korgypark] Re: looking for power supply for X5 DR Re: Test

  • From: Matthias Konrad <matthias.konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:34:59 +0200

08.09.03 03:10:45, "Fred M. Scott" <fscott1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dear List,
>I am assuming the X5 DR is no longer in production. My power supply has
>died. Does anyone know if a replacement is available?
>
>Thanks,
>Fred
>At 08:26 PM 9/7/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>

>>Test. Please ignore...

I think you can still get it from Korg. I had a similar problem and asked for
it in a store. I was told that the original Korg part would cost 35.- ? or $.
In my opinion, this is f...ing expensive.
So I bought a variable power supply.

Be aware, that the label on the original Korg connector is very ambiguous!!!
It´s really DC supply (as it is the case for most technical equipment). That
means, AC current from the
socket is transformed to DC for the input at the Korg.
I don´t know it by heart, but I think you need 700 mA. That´s quite a lot, so
be sure that you buy the right thing.