[korgypark] X5D -> PC with XP problems

  • From: Darren King <darrenjking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Oct 2002 22:08:26 +1000

Hey Guys...

New user here as well as keyboard newbie so if my questions seem stupid,
it's because they are!

I have hooked my X5D up to the computer through MIDI.  I have checked
the connection with other MIDI hardware and it works.  When I try and
use the X5/05 sound editor, It can see the synth fine but when I tell it
to send me all the combi / program / drum data, it just sits there
saying that it's sending the data but it never completes so I have to
press cancel and get out.  I can play notes on the virtual keyboard and
they do play on the synth.

Any ideas as to where I can go from here.  I am using a Soundblaster
live value card with a joystick port / midi splitter.

Darren