[korgypark] Re: X5 sounds to Triton Extreme

  • From: "MST" <babarosa@xxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:11:43 +0100

Hello to all x5dr-users!

Yes, Mitch, I am still around and my x5dr does still a great job in my rack. I
purchased it 1994, that are 18 years! So many other "hyped" synths came and
vanished without a great impact.

I recently purchased a korg x-50 because i need "keys" for live performances
from time to time. x-50 is close to x5dr (8 progs make up a combination, some
sounds are similar) and seems to be also a valuable instrument, time will show.

What about sampling the wanted x5dr-sound? Doesn't triton load samples?

Otherwise, i'd also suggest to read x5dr editors' settings and "rebuild" these
in tritons' editor using similar programs (not name- but soundwise!).
I for example downloaded patches (extension "pcg") from "triton heaven" to load
these into my korg x-50 but it didn't work although a guy at korg forums
website said it would work.

Best wishes to all from Austria, Europe!
Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------