[korgypark] Re: Low battery?

  • From: "Péli László" <pllsystem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:48:35 +0200

Hello everybody,

The X5D contains a 3V CR type Lithium battery.
It is soldered in due to its + and - pins onto the main board near the
expansion modul.
If somebody have !good!desoldering equipment it is not a difficult work if
not you had better visit a technician. Be careful it is a multi layer PCB.
You should remove the screws from the bottom part (all of them).
Then you can remove the screws from the main board.
The next movement is to disconnect the wires from the main board.
Then you can release the mai board and replace the battery.

You can make sure the voltage of the battery by using the harder hardware
test, which has been published on korgypark somewhere. If you don't find I
can send you directly. So the battery's voltage is usually higher than 3V
(e.g. 3,12V) The synth will indicate low battery in time and a low voltage
battery cannot cause any problem during switched on. The instrument can be
used as if nothing had happened but you will loose every saved data in every
switching off.