A new Windows-based X5D editor

  • From: James Hebert <JHebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:23:42 -0500

I wasn't sure if my last email to the list made it... but I haven't seen any
notes about it, nor the addition of the web site link to the Korgy Park
page, so please forgive me if this is just a repeat.

There's a new Korg X5D patch editor out, and it's very affordable and
complete, for Win95/98/2000. The author has several synth editing programs,
including several Korg models, if you have or use others as well. He's been
very supportive and friendly, so if you're interested in a currently
supported patch editor with some neat features (like "genetics" below")
check it out.
James
Here's the genetics blurb snipped from the web site:
"Synth genetics in X5DEdPro lets you to generate, mix and mutate patches,
creating random or intended 100's of X5D programs at a time. Also you'll be
able to select parameter filters that will help you to get the most desired
sounding results. For example, one click of mouse will present you with a
choice of hundred versions of pianos, strings pads and etc. bred from one
patch. You can also automatically audit them all or quickly edit. You can
apply fine tuned algorithms to get weird, hard to image sounds that you
would never thought possible with X5D. The genetics feature alone makes
X5DEdPro a treasure program to have. In addition there is FX Wiz function
that applies randomly chosen effects from bank. On top of many benefits of
GENETICS module it's possible to use Genetics "Kids" manipulation to edit
and change any program parameter in a whole bank. Combination GENETICS works
in a similar way. By selecting corresponding filters you can change all
channels and parameters and have results presented in the Kids List."

Main synth programs page
http://www.soundtower.com/synth/editors.htm

X5D editor page
http://www.soundtower.com/synth/x5d.htm