[klaatumail] nokk: Any Zappa fans? Doing a lonnnng Zappathon reprise Christmas Eve/Day (plus Holiday greetings)

  • From: "Glen (aka Barney Rubble)" <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 14:30:33 -0400

Hey friends, S:^)
In case there are Zappa fans here... Last weekend was a rushed one for me
(this week too, for that matter!) so I wasn't able to get the word out
about the 16+ hours of Zappa sounds and programming that filled the CKUM
airwaves... only today I'm repeating it all and adding an extra 30-minute
prelude. Why am I repeating 16 hours of Zappa? Well, Zappathon legacy at
CKUM dictates the Zappathon occurs on the Saturday closest to the
anniversary of Frank Vincent Zappa's birthdate, December 21st, 1940. This
year, the Saturday closest to Christmas is Christmas Eve... but it was much
more convenient to do it last weekend, tying into another CKUM tradition:
"24 Heures de Nouel" (slang for "24 Hours of Christmas", a 24-hour live
marathon).

The great thing is that, this year, everyone around the world with an
Internet connection can listen to the Zappathon online (or through your
iPhone and Android... WARNING: make sure you're connected to a WiFi
network, or have a _generous_ data plan... it could be _costly_ to stream
through a 3G network without a suitable data plan!).

Go to:
www.tunein.com
or
www.radiotime.com

(or download the TuneIn Radio app for iPhone, or the RadioTime Player app
for Android)

Search for: CKUM
You will find: Radio J
Click on that, and soon you'll be listening to CKUM.

In fact, from this minute for the rest of Christmas Day, if you listen to
CKUM on Christmas Eve 2011, you should be hearing programming put together
by me: a special Christmas edition of Prog RAM is currently running until
2:30 PM Eastern time (11:30 AM Pacific time, 7:30 PM UK time), whence will
begin a half-hour prelude to the reprise of Zappathon Phase I
(reconstructed), Phase II (more music similar to Phase I, just a little
proggier) and Phase III (mostly like, all releases from Vaulternative
Records from 2009 to today). And this goes on until 5 AM Eastern (2 AM
Pacific, 10 AM UK time) on Christmas Day... so if you have any last-minute
packing or partying going on, you have a Zappa soundtrack to accompany you!

(I will be speaking in French, however, but Music is the Best.)

So, in a nutshell:
Search for "CKUM" (it will show up as "Radio J") on www.tunein.com or
www.radiotime.com
EASTERN: Between 2:30 PM on Christmas Eve and 5 AM Christmas Day
PACIFIC: Between 11:30 AM on Christmas Eve and 2 AM Christmas Day
UK: Between 7:30 PM on Christmas Eve and 10 AM Christmas Day

And wishing everyone and their families Happy Holidays and the best of
years in 2011. S:^)

np: Yes - "Time and a Word" (the original LP version of the song) on CKUM,
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)