[klaatumail] Re: caveat RE: Re: My third album

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:32:22 -0400

At Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:23:08 David wrote:
> From: David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > HA! What a great review! Can I quote you on this?
>
> Absolutely.
>
> As for Frank's song, not only do I enjoy his original, but the touch of
> lounge sleaziness you've brought to it is incredible and furthers my awe
> at your versatility.

I had to walk a fine line with this one. I didn't want to turn the song into a
joke out of respect for Frank's songwriting, but wanted it to have the spirit
of fun of the rest of the album; it's a cynical song about 'love gone bad' done
with a campy flare.

Early vocal takes proved to be too serious sounding [and seeing as I'm NOT a
crooner in the Tony Bennett/Sinatra style would have made the whole thing sound
incongruous]. So, I decided to make it a pastiche of '40s/50s styled lounge
singers complete with a nod to The Andrews Sisters as backing vocalists which
features my sister-in-law Maureen and my daughter Danielle. Oh, and my lawyer
is on saxophone. He charged me half the hourly rate for that one. :-)

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com