[klaatumail] Re: Klaatu question

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:58:32 -0400

> At Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:09:14 Ken Wooster wrote:
>
>has there been any updates on Terry Draper's "Stranded" project or on Dee
>Long's new recording projects?  i am sure that i am not the only Klaatu fan
>who would be interested in new information.

I had dinner with Terry D. and family last Sunday night. Clearly having no
actual day job works for Terry as he's completely re-landscaped his home,
Swamp Manor, and did some major renovation to the balcony over looking Lake
Wilcox (removing the balcony posts and replacing with glass). He's also
creating wrought iron/marble furniture to be sold at flea markets and garden
centres.

'Stranded' continues to grow slowly as he's been side-tracked as executive
editor of the Klaatu biopic screenplay which is about 40 pages long now
(1 page = 1 minute of screen time). The screenwriter is currently reviewing
the Klaatu archive, including video footage, newspaper articles, etc. and
has begun conducting interviews with the prime players in the original Klaatu
story.

However, two weeks ago a neighbour of Terry's, who is a classical avante garde
composer, lent Terry his Ukrainian string quartet for use on two songs that
will be on 'Stranded'. For the first time since 'Magentalane', there will be
a real string section on Draper's songs.

Dee, meanwhile, has sent a note explaining what he's up to:

"At this point I've re-done 1 2 3 5, Anywhere, Collision Course, Dog Star,
Hanus, I Can't Help It, Little Neutrino, Mr. Manson, Mexico, Mine, Never Go
Back, Older, Only Honesty Can Set You Free, Silver Ocean, Toronto and
Whatever Is Left Of Me.

I've done rough mixes but I will go back soon and revisit all of them
and do proper mixes. I've ordered the Waves Mercury bundle, so when that is
here I will start mixing whatever songs I have at that point and see where
it goes. There's quite a few more I would like to do maybe for another project.

I'm trying to make all these songs sound like they should be in a movie or on
TV in the hopes of placing a few. Some are similar to the original versions and
others are quite different, but they all have something new to offer. And I am
having a great time with the amazing plugins I have now, when the Waves bundle
gets here this Mac will be totally loaded with everything you could ever want
for
mixing!

Melodyne has become my best friend, it's amazing. I've got BFD2 and
Steven Slate Dums, the Komplete bundle, everything Rob Papen makes,
Auto-Tune, B4II and loads more.

Know anyone who needs a track or two mixed?

I'll let you know as soon as I have something to listen to!

Dee...

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com
RADIO: http://www.radiothatdoesntsuck.com
SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/bullseyecanada
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bullseyecanada
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/bullseyecanada

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/

PERSONAL - http://www.myspace.com/jaimievernonsmovingtargetz
               - http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Jaimie-Vernon
BLOG - http://verminator.livejournal.com
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/jaimievernon

Learn more ways to connect with your buddies now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?34388