[klaatumail] Klaatu news

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:48:35 -0400

Hey, gang...
Been awhile but I have some updates on stuff going on.

Dee is close to wrapping up a Dee Long "best of" package that features redux
versions of past hits by both Klaatu and his most favourite solo tunes --
including high fidelity versions of choice cuts from "Longevity". His old music
partner and Grammy award winner John Jones is involved and the drummer on the
disc will be Canadian session man Randy Cooke who is currently the live drummer
for Smashmouth.

Terry has finished the bed-tracks for his "Stranded" solo album and is working
on mixing and the artwork. I have a scan of the Ted Jones cover. I will send it
to Dave and he can stick it on the Klaatu site for folks to see. It's a
spectacular Klaatu-themed cover that I think everyone will approve of.

Both Dee and Terry hope to have their discs out before Xmas.

Speaking of Klaatu - the biopic script by Mary McDonald called "Sell Out: The
Klaatu Story" is finished and they are just waiting for final tweaks for
accuracy by Terry Brown and Frank Davies before they shop it to the movie
studios.

That's it for now,

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records