[klaatumail] Hope: First pressing on GRT?

  • From: Glen Aka Barney Rubble <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:12:26 -0300

Hey friends, S:^)

Anyone know the code scratched into the mothers for the first LP pressing of
Hope on Daffodil/GRT (with picture labels)? I just located a WELL PRESERVED
copy (free of delete hole and with shrink wrap mostly intact), the only visual
blemish being initials in pen on one label. And even before cleaning, the LP
sounds very nice (with only the noise floor being a little noticeable, having
become spoilt with Pallas and RTI pressings S;^D ). The cornet at the end of
WOYK sounds remarkably lifelike. And Madman rocks (though could use more lo-end
"balls" in the master for a rock mix... But this was late-70s Canada).

Anyone know the code I should be looking for in the deadwax? Mine just gives
the catalogue number and a stamped "JAMF",
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)

Sent from my iPhone (qui, maintenant, me permet des accents)