[klaatumail] Fwd: Rush Clockwork Angels sound.

  • From: billmulvihill@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 19:40:41 +0000 (UTC)

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: billmulvihill@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: db65@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 2:24:12 PM
Subject: Rush Clockwork Angels sound.

I'm listening to it on a THX certified system and it has muddled bass, midrangy
sound and cymbals that are buried in the background.

I use Apple's iTunes equalizer and transferred it from the original CD @256 and
still can't get even decent sound.

It's the same in my car, when I play my CD version, and I have a pretty good
system in my 2006 Accord.

It sounds like it was mastered back in the late eighties.

It is, by far, the worst mastering of a new release that I have heard in the
last 10 years by anybody.

What's with the all the thunderous bass to the detriment of everything else?

It's like you're listening to it with earmuffs on.

I'm not alone, with frequent mentions regarding sound issues, on numerous
Amazon reviews of Clockwork Angels.

Too bad, cause I love the album.

You get fatigued listening to it after awhile.

Then I play the remastered "Cinderella Man" from "A Farewell To Kings" and it
sounds great.

Any Rush fans have any beefs like me?