[klaatumail] Dean's Time Indexes

  • From: db65@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 02:31:57 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone,
When I asked Dean for time indexes for his complaints about the level of Dee's
guitar in Prelude, he gave the following:

204 seconds
214 seconds
222 seconds

Those translate into the following:
3:24
3:34
3:42

Upon listening to Prelude, there's no searing guitar there, but comparing it to
other versions of Hope that I have I must say there never was.

So, instead, I took them as the following time indexes:
2:04
2:14
2:22

And while Dee does have some searing guitar parts in there, they're no further
hidden in the mix. They're the same volume they had been in other releases. So
I listened to all of Prelude and found no problems with Dee's guitar at any
point in the track.

Then I went and did my critical listening comparison for the entire disc. My
review will be posted in a few minutes.

Dave