[klaatumail] Re: Amazon CD sales

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:33:23 -0400

At Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:26:22 Jim wrote:

> Note to self: Put solo stuff on Amazon, and do it before Jaimie beats me to
> the punch.

Which solo stuff is that?

> Advertising in CD booklet: I say brilliant!  In-pack advertising and trailers
> have helped bring the price of DVDs down (it started with Beta and VHS, of
> course). The next step would be a complete product tie-in - the CD includes a
> coupon for $1 off a health/beauty item, and that same item has an on-pack
> coupon for a dollar off the new CD.  Ask Disney whether it works.  As long as
> the sponsor doesn't control the content, I say go for it.  Some CDs have had
> limited advertising in the past - McCartney even put out a CD that was an ad
> for Fidelity Investments.  You have the various "exclusive" deals to sell at
> Starbucks, WalMart, or Best Buy.  All of those are forms of advertising, too.

Yup. And, in fact, record labels were advertising on the back cover of LPs and
in the dust sleeves since the invention of the format in 1949. This is NOT a
new concept...what it is, is a revival of an old concept.

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
1-800-JOE-RADI(O) // 1-800-563-7234
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com
RADIO: http://www.radiothatdoesntsuck.com
SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/bullseyecanada
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bullseyecanada
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/bullseyecanada

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/

PERSONAL - http://www.myspace.com/jaimievernonsmovingtargetz
               - http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Jaimie-Vernon
BLOG - http://verminator.livejournal.com
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/jaimievernon

Stay in the loop and chat with friends, right from your inbox!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?71354