[kismac] airport extreme (again)

  • From: "E. Gad" <p1agu313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:26:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I just got done doing some tweaking to my system. I
just managed to get passive mode working (sort of) on
my system.
Here is what I did in the order that I did it:
I first deleted all prior kisman anything.
I then got checked out of CVS version 73 and built it
.
I then went to the system preferences and turned off
all sharing, firewalls, everything.
I then set my system to ask for a password prompt
before loging in.
then I turned off the airport and card by clicking on
the radio button in the upper right corner and
rebooted.
Once rebooted I went to
(user here)/KisMACng/build/deployment/kismac
double clickeked on kismac.app
I turned on only passive mode and scanned.

My system specs are:
Apple ibookG4
10.4.3 rev 2 (bug fixes include kextload, misc
wireless bugfixes etc.)
640 megs of ram
800 mhz processor(yuck)
40 gig hard drive (20 for OsX 20 for VPC).
Apple Airport "extreme" (broadcom [yuck]).

I will repeat the exeriment and see how well it works,
and let the list know what the resaults are.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/