[kismac] Re: PrismGT not working with kisMAC

  • From: Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:22:33 +0200

Hi antoine,

antoine c. wrote:
I have a netgear wg511 that works perfectly with the GTDriver but refuses to work (GTDriver could not instantiate) with KisMAC R62 and
10.3.8. Am I the only one with this problem? Can anyone please tell
me which card they were using and what versions of kisMAC & GTDriver
they were running if they had any success?

My wg511 is a fullmac card. There ar other cards around using the Prism GT chip but with a softmac:

http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php

I have a 3com 3CRWE154G72 which is a softMAC one. It never worked with KisMAC since this card needs a different driver.

The fullMAC card worked since Mick incorporated GTDriver support into KisMAC.

Beat

-- Beat ZAHND Physics Institute University of Bern phone +41 31 631 3466 Sidlerstrasse 5 fax +41 31 631 4405 CH-3012 Bern (Switzerland) mailto:beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx