[kismac] Joining a network with WUSB11

  • From: 10drill <10drill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:38:27 -0700

Many thanks to the KisMAC developers! I've been building revisions
from source for a while now and appreciate the work everyone does!

I just got a WUSB11 2.5 on eBay (for US $17) and it works very well
with KisMAC, finding more networks than Airport Extreme passive on my
12" PowerBook. However, I can't join any of the open networks it
finds, because  I don't have a driver. Google tells me a few people
may have gotten it working by hacking the DWL-122 driver. All of the
networks around me are too far away to be picked up by Airport
Extreme, so I'd like to find a way to join a network with the WUSB11.
What do you guys do? Any ideas appreciated.