[kismac] Re: Join Channel

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:56:34 -0700

The join network feature only works with the built in airport cards. I'm don't really know much about the gt driver so i really can't help you there.

Geoff Kruse On Jun 10, 2006, at 10:51 AM, derek holzer wrote:

I am using Kismac as an interface for my Prism2 PCMCIA card on a 15" PowerBook 5,6 G4 with the GTDriver drivers. I'm not really doing any wardriving, all I really need is an interface to use this card since the built-in Airport is too crappy to pick up the network I share with my neighbor. I can't seem to convince OS X to even see the PCMCIA card without Kismac, much less use it for a network connection.

I have the SSID and password to the network already, so cracking it is unnecessary. However, I cannot use the Join Network function in Kismac to join it. Kismac tells me I do not have the password, when in reality it is simply that there is no way for me to enter this password into the application.

Other things I tried:

1) Entering the password into the dictionary for a "Wordlist Attack"
2) Saving my scan results and trying to edit the various textfiles it produces

Both unsuccessful. Seems like a serious oversight in the interface to be missing this feature. Any suggestions appreciated. If Kismac is not the tool to use this PCMCIA card, any pointers to a simpler way are also appreciated.

best,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl