[kismac] Re: GPS question in Passive

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:53:38 -0700

There is already a ticket open for this issue in trac, however I would suggest adding your details to the ticket because the original reporter didn't give very much detail.

Geoff On Feb 20, 2006, at 2:27 PM, John Warren wrote:

I should also include that my current location does show on the map
during the passive scanning.  I can toggle current location, and trace
on and off.  This is why I'm assuming it is a bug.

On 2/20/06, John Warren <xaive1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Before I started a new ticket, I wanted to make sure that what I'm
seeing is a bug, and not something that is normal operation.

When running kismac as root (either with Pseudo or logging in as Root)
in order to get passive to work with my AE, I do not see any of the
networks show up on the map as they are found. Kismac is showing htat
they have location data associated with them, but they won't show on a
map until I stop scanning, save file, close kismac, reopen kismac,
open saved file and then view map. At that point all of the networks
are where I actually found them. I don't know if this occurs if I'm
not logged in as root since the AE doesn't work, but in active mode
they show up as I find them.

The trace still functions normal, and shows the path that I'm
tracking, so I was expecting the networks to show as well.  Should I
start a ticket for this?