[kgtp] Re: gdb couldn't connect ARM soc target

  • From: Li Haifeng <omycle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kgtp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:31:56 +0800

2013/5/17 Li Haifeng <omycle@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi, list.
>
> Now, I am trying to use kgtp on ARM soc. After make kgtp by crosstools and
> transfer the kgtp.ko to target, I try gdb on PC to connect target.
>
> I follows https://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO . And use
> “nc -l 1234 </sys/kernel/debug/gtp >/sys/kernel/debug/gtp” command, but
> error throw. /sys/kernel/debug/gtp is not exist.

https://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO#Handle_the_issue_that_cannot_find_any_file_in_"/sys/";<https://code.google.com/p/kgtp/wiki/HOWTO#Handle_the_issue_that_cannot_find_any_file_in_>
Handle the issue that cannot find any file in "/sys/" or
"/sys/kernel/debug/"

Because KGTP interface is "/sys/kernel/debug/gtp", it will cannot be used
if cannot find any file in "/sys/" or "/sys/kernel/debug/".

If you got this issue, please make sure "Debug Filesystem" is opened in
your kernel config first.
If_your_system_use_the_Linux_kernel_that_is_built_by_yourself

If it is opened, please use following command mount sysfs.

sudo mount -t sysfs none /sys/

Then you can find files in "/sys/".

please use following command mount debugfs.

mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug/

Then you can find files in "/sys/kernel/debug/".

> Then, try "target remote targetip:1234" in gdb mode. The connecting always
> fail.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Haifeng Li