[kennedycatholicstaff] New Volunteer Network at Kennedy Catholic

  • From: "Amy Hall" <halla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kennedycatholicstaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:37:34 -0700

Dear Faculty & Staff,

This fall we are introducing a more formal volunteer program for our current
parents. As always, we invite all parents to become involved in the Kennedy
Catholic community. This new program is an effort to create easy points of
entry for skilled volunteers to work with us, and an easier system for you
to request assistance with your one-time and/or ongoing needs. Below is a
brief description of the program and directions for requesting assistance. I
will also talk about this briefly at our first Sept faculty meeting.

Overview

Faculty, staff, committees, advisory board members, BSharp board, Booster
board, and Parent Club board members can submit detailed requests for
volunteers for one time opportunities or ongoing services. Upon electronic
submission to the Advancement Office, the positions will be added to a
database of volunteer needs. Opportunities will be emailed to the parent
community bi-weekly (beginning Aug 25 and every other Monday following), and
parents will register for volunteer roles through Sign Up Genius
(www.signupgenius.com). The Advancement Office will provide the event
coordinator (you!) with a list of volunteers and their contact information.
The person/s requesting the volunteers will be responsible for managing the
activity and thanking/follow up with the volunteers afterwards.

Possible volunteer roles vary greatly by department. Examples might include
class speakers, field trip chaperones, assistance with mailings or data
entry, retreat shopping, performance or game snacks/meal planning, other
administrative roles, cleaning, event/mass set up and clean up, classroom
support, committee work...among countless other opportunities.

To request any type of service or assistance from a volunteer or team of
volunteers, please simply email Karen Cascio or me with as much detail and
lead time as possible. Please include times, locations, tasks and any
special skills the position might require.

We will send our first list to parents on Monday, Aug 25 and every other
Monday following.

Thank you for your support and for considering using volunteers this year!

Amy Hall

Director of Advancement

John F. Kennedy Catholic High School

 <http://www.kennedyhs.org/> www.kennedyhs.org

206.226.5679

Kennedy Catholic Circular Seal 2012_2Color(RGB)

JPEG image