[kc-cfstudents] Re: Help!!

  • From: me@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: kc-cfstudents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:15:08 -0700

Ginger, I have a couple of spare computers up in the attic, including the one we built in hardware class. Let me know if you want to borrow it to experiment with

Reed

From: Ginger Drummond <im2froggy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [kc-cfstudents] Help!!
To: kc-cfstudents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 12:25 PM

I have a problem that I can't seem to fix.  My mouse loses power and stops working.  Sometimes I turn on my computer and it doesn't work at all.  Other times, it will work for a random amount of time.  If I unplug it and plug it back in, it will begin to work again, but only for a short time.  I have six USB ports, two in front and four in back, and I have tried it in all of them.  No difference.  I have tried 4 different mice, same thing, and they don't do it on my son's computer.  I have gone into power management for USB and made sure that Windows does not have control of it.  I even went as far as reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows to be sure it was not a program that could be causing it.  I've done Windows updates.  I've opened it up and checked all connections.  I have looked it up online, but the only suggestions I can find are things I've already done.  I haven't tried a PS2 mouse, but if it's the same problem as I've seen online, it will not help.  I still plan to try it.  I can find all kinds of forums where people are complaining of the same problem, but none that have a solution.  It has been slowly getting worse, and now it is rare that it actually works.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ginger