[karc] Re: VA3ZE silent key

  • From: Steve Cutway <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:46:39 -0400

Hello everyone:

I am deeply saddened by Tom's death. I first met Tom in April 1992 just after he was licensed. Bill VE3DXY, Tom, me, and Bill VE3NFU, Stu VE3IVX, Bernard VE3NB or Michael VE3PRW - I can't remember which - went to the Pickering Fleamarket in VE3DXY's Volkswagon Diesel. Tom and I became good friends and spent countless hours together working on Club and personal projects, computers, enjoying fishing trips, fleamarkets, etc.

Tom loved amateur radio and he loved helping people. He also loved animals. Those who have known him as long as I did will remember the myriad dogs and cats that were part of his family. And speaking of family, he was enormously proud of his son, daughter and granddaughter. He was looking forward to her wedding this fall and although he won't be there in person, he'll be watching, I'm sure of that.

The Kingston amateur community was better with Tom in it. I have lost a good friend and we as a community have lost a true amateur whom we'll always remember and hold in the highest regard. We are all better because Tom was one of us.

73,

Steve VE3KC